"Pardon Me" or words of a similar nature was what I said when I knocked the head of the last remaining flower bud on my newly acquired day lily - hemerocalis "Pardon Me" to give it it's proper name. I had been garden visiting with a friend and also wondering round the nursery at Bluebell Cottage Gardens when my eyes were drawn to this plant. I have bought very few plants this summer mainly because conditions haven't been ideal for planting but couldn't resist this one. Not only is it a beautiful colour it also has an Award Of Garden Merit and it's also supposed to be long-flowering. I had been moving my new plant to give it a good soak in an old washing up bowl when this accident happened and left the bud floating in the water. I got a nice surprise the next morning to see that the bud was still floating and had opened fully so of course I had to find it a more attractive vessel to display it and for it to shine albeit for an extremely short time.
Thanks as always to Cathy over at 'Rambling In the Garden' for inviting us to share our floral pickings each Monday. It's a great way to start the week.
The good news here is that it has finally cooled down and it's so much more pleasant to be outdoors. We have had some rain. In fact one day last week it even rained for most of the day and having just watched the weather forecast for the week ahead there's more rain in the pipeline. The not so good news is that out of the blue I have been experiencing cramp in my right hand middle finger (I'm right handed) which as well as being painful is most disconcerting as I don't know when it will strike. As a result of this I've been gentle on the aforesaid digit so have done little in the way of gardening as well as trying to limit my keyboard use. The incidences of cramp seem to be gradually lessening so I'm very much hoping that it will soon completely disappear so that I can proceed with various tasks🤞

Rain AND a cool down is much to be appreciated I imagine, Anna! I'd be happy to see either at the moment, although rain is still probably a couple of months away here yet. The daylily is a beauty. My most dependable daylily ('Spanish Harlem') is a similar color.
ReplyDeleteOh Anna, I do hope your finger cramp proves to be an isolated incident... 🤞 I know what you mean about garden purchases and have imagined that business will have been poor for garden centres south of the border (Scotland was still green!) this summer. I have not had success with day lilies for many years (no idea why) but I agree that Pardon Me was a striking purchase and am pleased you took advantage of the accident and shared this bloom in such an appealing way.
ReplyDelete