- A most cooling woodland walk where there were blazes of colour from rhodendrons, azaleas and camellias.
- A fine specimen of a Davida involucrata waved its handkerchiefs at us as we walked past.
- Great views over the Cheshire countryside.
- Farm animals and an aviary for the young and the young at heart.
- Lakes and parkland.
- A walled kitchen garden which I would like to see later in the year. It includes a well stocked small nursery. I was restrained and left with just a lemon mint as we had some way to walk back to the car.
All in all a most enjoyable interlude and well worth a visit if you find yourself in the vicinity. I had intended to write a longer post. However my thought processes have been interrupted firstly by a thunderstorm and then the trauma of a dropped mouse which took some putting back together hence the brevity. This blogger needs to recover her equilibrium!