Friday, 20 August 2010
This week's conundrums ~
1) Why is there yet another book trying to prise my purse open? The culprit in this case is 'Thoughtful Gardening' by Robin Lane Fox which is due to be published in early September.
2) Does the lifting of the hosepipe ban yesterday mean that we will now have some dry weather? The imposition of a hosepipe ban on 6th July was followed by six weeks of almost non stop rain.
3) Why did the dwarf French beans I haphazardly stuck in the ground the day before I went on holiday flourish, whilst the ones I planted carefully earlier this week suffer from mega mollusc damage during their first night in the ground? Picks up roots and weeps.
4) Why is there always yet another mange tout pea winking gleefully at me whenever I think I have finished picking them?
5) Sweet peas sown from seed all out of the same packet ~ allegedly the same colour ~ so why is there an odd one out ~ luckily it still colour coordinates with the remainder.
6) Why did 20 plus year old viburnum tinus prove to be such a stubborn ****** when it came to being extracted from the garden? Picture a most sweaty himself sitting in campervan, ropes tied to campervan and aforesaid shrub, in a make or break effort to remove the stumps.
7) Why did I buy another plant yesterday morning when I have a cold frame full of plants waiting to be planted?
Answers on a postcard please!